Thursday, January 4, 2018

Turkey Black Bean Burgers

I love a good turkey burger - if made correctly they can be as juicy and rewarding as a good old ground beef burger.   One of my secrets is to grate onion into the turkey meat - it adds moisture. 

Always trying to look for a new flavor to spice up my regular turkey burgers I came across this Food Network recipe from Bobby Deen (Paula’s son).  I love black beans so thought adding them into my turkey burgers would be a great idea.  It’s a great way to add fiber and filler – more burger for less “weight/fat” buck!

Here is my variation:

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey (I use 97% fat free)
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 red bell pepper, choppped
1/2 red onion, grated
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin


Mix all the ingredients together

I sprayed my table top griddle with cooking spray and cooked the burgers until done (about 6 minutes per side).


Very yummy – enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment