Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Makeup Love

I follow so many bloggers and enjoy reading about all the various aspects of their lives.  One of my favorite topics is makeup - I love buying makeup but never really grasped the art of applying it.  As I've gotten older I've pretty much just found some great products (most recommended by a blogger or friend) and now am pretty much set on what I like and use.  I use a mixture of drugstore finds and other higher-end products, I don't feel that higher price always means better result.

First step, moisturizer.  I really believe us ladies of middle age look better than ladies of the same age generations ago because we have been moisturizing our skin and taking care of it.  All young ladies out there, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!

Next step  is BB cream - a friend introduced me to this a few years back and I was so impressed on how it made my foundation look better and wear longer. 


    
I have also used foundation primer at times, but really use the BB cream on a daily basis. 

The foundation primer that has been highly recommended from bloggers is the Smashbox
 Over the years I've tried multiple foundations and for about the last year I have been using the

   
Also from NARS I used their blush, not an every day item for me, more for special occasions.  

NARS The Multiple (I like the Orgasasm *interesting name* which is a sheer warm pink w/golden shimmer). 
    
For eyes I love the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick  I currently have the colors of Smokey Blue Grey, Light Lavender, and Medium Caramel
 For days I need long wear, or special occasions, I also apply an eye shadow primer, a friend recommended this 

Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion to me years ago and it really does work.  
A favorite of mine from a few years back was also the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette - I used really enjoyed this eye shadow too and it wore very well. 

Onto mascara, I absolutely love the Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara, it is a bit pricey for mascara but in my opinion worth the $$$.  
Again, for special occasions or going out I will often use a mascara primer - again I turn to the Urban Decay Cosmetics line and their Subversion Lash Primer
Lips - I don't always wear lipstick or gloss - most of the time good old chapstick is what I use.  When I do want a bit of extra color I use the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick that my friend Diane introduced me too. I wear PinkNude, Classic Nude, or Wine Berry depending on my mood and event.
 
 An impulse buy one day for me was  this NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee after I saw one of my favorite Vloggers talk about it.  It is very cute and tastes amazing!
Finally removing the makeup.  I love the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes for easy makeup removal.  
 And since I've been a teenager I've use the Maybelline Eye Makeup Remover
 
And don't forget, after all the makeup is removed, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment