Wednesday, November 29, 2017

What’s Up Wednesday {11.29.17}

So I'm a week behind on this post - but here is my November
I'm linking up with three of my favorite bloggers: The Larson Lingo * Mix & Match Mama * and Sheaffer Told Me To to answer some random questions about What's Up.  I love reading all the other bloggers responses as well. 



1: WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:
I blogged about the best scalloped potatoes here – seriously make this recipe!  

2. WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:
 
The year we spent thanksgiving in NYC and got to see the Macy’s Parade!




3: WHAT I’M LOVING:
Cute Ugg dog sweater and scarf from Bed, Bath and Beyond!  Makes the puppy look so dapper!  





 

4: WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:
Went to Minneapolis for the Vikings/Rams game – it was a fun time even though the Rams lost. 





5: WHAT I’M DREADING:
Christmas shopping – I love Christmas shopping but am struggling to think of gift ideas this year.  My son is 21 now and I want to be more creative than just giving him money but nothing is coming to mind…




6: WHAT I’M WORKING ON:
Two weeks of the semester left – 3 visitors, holiday party, and approving grades and another semester is DONE!  Whew!




7: WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:
Lots of fun events coming up – Christmas at Honey Creek, New Years Eve with the Dogfathers, and the Eagles & Jimmy Buffet concert this summer! 

8: WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:
Can’t get enough of This is Us!  The three weeks of episodes focusing on each of the main characters has been so awesome – I have a whole new respect for the Kevin character now. 
 
Dancing with the Stars ended, was happy for the winner, but really any of the final four or five could have taken it – season was full of great dancers.

Survivor – the tribe is weeded down and finally getting good.

Football – lots and lots of football!
Haven’t had any time to read this month (too much football!) – need to change that next month! 



9: WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:
Christmas music! 



10: WHAT I’M WEARING:
Love this this cute sweatshirt dress I found at Walmart.com


Love this sweater dress from Nordstroms too!

Wore my new black and gold shirt for the last Hawkeye game – love it!
 

 

11: WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
This weekend is Christmas Past in West Branch – so will be attending events for that.  The Boy Scouts make the best donuts over an open fire!  And one of our favorite bands Dogs on Skis is playing at the winery Saturday night.  

12: WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
Everything Christmas – all the parties, get together, and merriment!  

13: WHAT ELSE IS NEW:
I think we covered everything!

Bonus question this month: What are some fun things to do with your Elf of the Shelf?
Luckily for me – this Elf on the Shelf thing was not around when my son was younger – seems like a horrible amount of work for parents!  




 


No comments:

Post a Comment