Monday, February 12, 2018

Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl

Last week I tried a new recipe - Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowls - and the result is yummy!

I loosely followed  the recipe I found at Cooking With Points and here is the recipe with my notes:



Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time:30 minutes
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
 

Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon canola oil (I used olive oil because that is what I had on hand)
  • 1 pound 21-25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (I love garlic and used about 3-4)
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon honey (I forgot!)
  • 1 cup corn (I used a whole 15oz can)
  • 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed (again I used the whole 15oz can)
  • 1/4 cup canned diced green chilis (I used the whole 4.5 oz can)
  • 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved (I didn't measure, just threw a bunch in)
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
  • cilantro, optional for garnish (didn't use)
Directions:
  1. Add the canola (olive) oil to the pan and heat on medium high.
  2. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook an additional minute.
  3. Add the garlic to the pan and stir.
  4. Add the seasonings to the pan and stir again.
  5. Add the corn, the black beans and the chilis and stir until well coated.
  6. Add in the honey, lime juice, and lime zest and stir.
  7. Remove from the heat and add in the tomatoes, green onions and cilantro (if using).

Nutrition Information
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
  • Amount Per Serving:
  • Calories: 347 Calories
  • Total Fat: 4.1g
  • Saturated Fat: 0.4g
  • Cholesterol: 194mg
  • Sodium: 478mg
  • Carbohydrates: 46.1g
  • Fiber: 9.9g
  • Sugar: 8.1g
  • Protein: 35g
So each serving is just 1 WW point!!!!  So much food for 1 point!  Score!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment