Wednesday, October 25, 2017

What's Up Wednesday



Today I'm linking up with three of my favorite bloggers: The Larson Lingo * Mix & Match Mama * and Sheaffer Told Me To to answer some random questions about What's Up.  I love reading all the other bloggers responses as well. 



What we’re eating:
This week I will be making a recipe I was given from my friend Kim’s son who runs the Street Hawk Food Truck. 

It is a jerk chicken sandwich with pineapple/mango salsa and roasted pineapple mayo.  I will be sharing the recipe later this week.  

What I’m reminiscing about:
The last two weekend we’ve attended two weddings, so I’m reminiscing about fun times with friends and loved ones.

What I’m loving:
It is fall and I’m loving all the fall colors and fall fashions!  

What we’ve been up to:
Fall activities.  Football, football, and more football. 

What I’m dreading:  Winter – as much as I love fall, I dread the cold harsh winters that follow. 

What I’m working on:  Events!  We have so many events this fall at work, one of our biggest ones the Hall of Fame Luncheon is in November.

What I’m excited about:  Fall – did I mention I get excited about fall?  I am a broken record.  The colors, the food, and the clothes – all makes me so happy.

What I’m watching/reading:  Besides football I’m really enjoying Real Housewives of Dallas this season, the ladies are hysterical and all so unique.    


 

I haven’t sat down and read a book in a few weeks, but am excited to read the new Elin Hilderbrand book Winter Solstice (which is the last in her Winter series).  I love her books and the Quinn Family.  I kinda want to read the first three again so I’m ready for the last one. 
 
What I’m listening to:
I’m not listening to them right now, but twice this month I’ve been able to see my favorite band The Dogfathers perform. 
  

My friend Jackie’s husband Mike is the drummer and my friend Sara’s husband Ed does the lights and sounds.  

What I’m wearing:  I’m excited to wear some of my favorite fall clothes.  I showed you all this sweater in my Friday favorites. 

Another favorite is this Ugg poncho – it is so warm, so pretty, and will be my favorite thing to wear all fall/winter.  

I showed you all this dress I wore to the weddings the past couple of weeks.
 
I also bought this dress to wear for the Hall of Fame and Board meeting I have coming up at work in a few weeks. 

What I’m doing this weekend:
Nothing – I hope nothing!  I would like a weekend to relax (I’ve also been trying to get over a head cold).  While I’ve loved spending the last two weekends with friends and loved ones at weddings and get together, I think I need some alone time as well.   Although…I may have to travel to the west and check out the new outlet mall.  https://www.outletsofdesmoines.com/  It opened last weekend and I’m so excited to see it!

What I’m looking forward to next month:
Thanksgiving of course.  My favorite holiday.  I love cooking and hosting my family, it really is my favorite holiday
. 
What else is new;  Not much – life is pretty calm sliding into the last couple months of 2017.  

What my favorite Thanksgiving Side dish is:  This is too hard to pick just one!!!  But today I will pick my MIL’s Corn Flan – it is so yummy and easy to make:


  



No comments:

Post a Comment