Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Image result for cubs 
 The Chicago Cubs.

As we gear up for game 4 of the National League Championship series tonight (of which my beloved Cubs trail 0-3 at the time) I thought I would reflect on my love for the Cubbies and my opportunity to go to Wrigley Field this past June.

I have been a life I have been a Cubs fan.  My grandmother loved watching her Cubs baseball games and because I spent a majority of my summers with her, I had to watch them too.   As I got older, and after she passed, watching Cubs baseball made me feel like she was still with me and would be proud that I was still watching.  

Even after decades *snort* of being a Cubs fan I had never been to a game!  It was on my bucket list but never realized.  Then, finally this past summer my son and I went to Chicago to celebrate his birthday and I asked him if he would be willing to go to a game with me (he's not a big sports fan) and he agreed.  

We bought our gear, suited up, and headed up to Wrigleyville from downtown via the L.  
We walked around the outside of Wrigley and had to stop and take a picture of the historic sign.
(PS my dream would be to get proposed to on that sign!)

We also ran into legendary Cubs play-by-play announcer Harry Carey (okay his statue):




We went into the stadium, found our seats up in the nose bleed section and settled in for a great experience and a Cubs win!
I can't wait to go back and see more games there!  It really was a dream come true and so glad I shared that special moment with my son.





Go, Cubs, Go!
Go, Cubs, Go!
Hey Chicago, what do you say?
The Cubs are gonna win today





No comments:

Post a Comment