Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites






Today (and every Friday) I will be linking up with three of my favorite bloggers, AndreaErika and Narci and sharing my favorite things from this week.







First up – this guy!  Happy 1st birthday to my dog Wrigley.  He is the sweetest puppy and brings so much joy to my life!




This dress & shoes.  I bought the dress to wear with leggings and boots for work, but when I saw it on the model on the website with the cute shoes I thought I could wear it to the weddings I had this fall to.  So I bought the shoes as well.  They are very comfy and I will try to get a picture of myself in the dress/shoes at the wedding this Saturday.







Harris Pizza!  This pizza was my dad’s favorite and always a treat when we’d go visit my grandmother in Rock Island.  Some people think it is strange that to this day I will drive the 60 miles to get one of these pizzas, but I will and do.  It reminds me of my dad and fills me with happy memories.  Lucky for me my son was in the QC visiting his father this past weekend so he brought back a pizza for me and for my brother’s family.     




YIPS – Monday was my monthly dinner with my YIPS.  This group of girlfriends are some of the finest ladies I’ve ever known.  We came together because we used to all work together and now even though we’ve gone our various other paths in life we’ve stuck together.  I think because of our diverse ages and backgrounds we are a unique bunch that can help each other in any situation.  I’ll do a blog post in the future sometime about the YIPS and how we came up with that name.




TV – most of my TV watching revolved around Cubs baseball this week.
But I managed to also watch DWTS.

Who’s your favorites?  My favorite to win is probably Lindsey Stirling, but have a sweet spot for both Nick and Vanessa Lachey (Drew Lachey and Cheryl Burkes freestyle from Season 2 was my all-time favorite), Drew Scott (love me a property brother) and of course Victoria Arlen, her story is so inspiring and beautiful.  Can’t wait to keep seeing how this season unfolds.

Then of course no week would be complete without This is Us
I’m not sure what I think of this season, other than I just want them all to be happy!  Why can’t this family just be happy?!?!  They are all good people.  Major bombshell at the end of this week’s episode, I won’t give it away totally but will say the family is expanding!  



Finally, an overall favorite is just fall.  We have been having great fall weather so pulling out cozy sweaters and such to wear is always a favorite.  I’ve been living in my blarigans (one at home, the other in the office).  Schaeffer Told Me To and so I did!  

Have a great weekend all!  I will come back next week with stories from my wedding weekend trip to Dubuque and more! 





No comments:

Post a Comment